- John Buckert counsels entrepreneurs and companies with respect to procuring, protecting, and enforcing intellectual property rights.
- He assists clients in protecting their new products with U.S. patents, and protecting their branding with U.S. trademark registrations.
- He assists clients in licensing their patents and trademarks with license agreements.
- He has prepared and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- He has obtained over 250 U.S. patents on electrical, mechanical, and software inventions.
- He has prepared and filed over 100 U.S. trademark applications.
- At Ford Global Technologies, LLC, John Buckert was a corporate patent attorney and developed a robust patent portfolio covering engine control systems, engine emission systems, diesel after-treatment systems, exhaust gas diagnostic systems, electronic sensors, and software algorithms.
- At Eaton Corporation, John Buckert designed and built electronic test systems for testing automotive components including RF keyless entry transmitters and receivers, vehicle subsystem controllers, and pneumatic devices. He also developed object-oriented software programs for controlling the electronic test systems.
- At EDS, John Buckert designed and implemented numerous engineering software systems and business software systems. He also completed a two-year training program that covered engineering system development and business system development. During this training program, he received extensive training in numerous software languages including C, C++, Fortran, and PL1. He also received extensive training in structured software programming methodologies.
- J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan, Cum Laude
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
- SaeJong School, Beverly Hills, Michigan
- Justice Frank Murphy Honor Society Recipient
- Paul Harris Fellow 2012 - Rotary Club of Troy
- DBusiness Top Lawyer 2013
- Admitted to practice in the State of Michigan
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Member of the Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member of the Rotary Club of Troy